By the time our children can walk and talk, they are already dealing with an unprecedented level of stress and pressure in their everyday lives. These pressures can come from anywhere: school, social life, or even the expectations they face at home.
These challenges are taking their toll on the lives of our families.
- Anxiety disorders occur in 32% of youth ages 13-18 (U.S. Dept. Of Health & Human Services)
- Depression occurs in approximately 13% of youth ages 12-17. (U.S. Dept. Of Health & Human Services)
- 1 in 5 children has a diagnosable mental, emotional, or behavioral problem (Broward County Center for Mental Health Services)
- 70% of children and youth with behavioral health needs go untreated. (Broward Connections)
- In 2017, suicide was the second leading cause of death for Americans ages 15-24. (PBS Newshour)
- Violent incidents in schools during the 2017-2018 school year increased by 113% from the previous year. (USA Today)
Your donation helps us plant the seeds of a better future for our families for many generations to come.
- Seedling – Up to $100 donation per year. Help keep our operational costs manageable as we work to keep our counseling services affordable.
- Sprout – Up to $1,000 donation per year. As counseling partners for multiple local schools, we have positioned our programs to reach children and youth in their classrooms. Donations of up to $1,000 can help us build more partnerships and expand these programs throughout Broward County schools.
- Sapling – Up to $5,000 donation per year. After school programs are essential when a parent or guardian works late. Often the ones who work at the after-school programs are high school or college students. With a donation of up to $5,000 a year, you can help us provide training to these students to recognize the signs and symptoms of behavioral health issues in the children they supervise.
- Old Oak – More than $10,000 donation per year. A gift of provides a year of life-changing counseling to a deserving young person who cannot afford the cost of treatment.